
I just love this image --- it will tell you and me and others allot about your personality.
The text is our films slogan and the image is what we are using in most of the films publicity - it's a very strong image.
What do you see when you look at the image
1. a gun
2. a guitar
I would love to get your feedback here. When I was filming in Colombia Bogata Cesar Lopes the famous musician was busking on the street with the Escopetarra which is in fact a decommissioned AK-47 machine gun taken from the FARC rebels. This gun has killed numerous people in one of the world longest and bloodiest war in history. It was interesting watching peoples reactions when the Escopetarra was handed over to them to hold. 2 things took place they either held it as a gun and pretended to shoot people OR they held it as an electric guitar and started playing the guitar.
This was very fascinating to watch because I started thinking does this show what goes on in peoples minds - People are either Peace Makers or War makers.
Anyway some food for thought there!
What do you all think.
2 comments:
Your image certainly makes you think. Turning weaponary into art or design [eg: furniture] dethrones it from its brutal pedestal and seems to neutralise its ghastly potential. Reminds me of the project in Mozambique where decommissioned weapons are transformed into art/design by local artists. I have researched this a bit over the last couple of years. Here's a link [one of many when I googled] http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1764173.stm
BTW I like your BLOG and hope you generate many followers.
Kathryn
Thanks so much Kathryn for your feedback. I actually researched an at group in Mozambique and they were almost included in to the film Soldiers of Peace but I pulled out at the last moment as I had to many African stories. I would love to visit this group and to make a film. What they are doing is truly amazing. Great art work by the way. There is a massive gun sculpture in the British Museum that I filmed.
All the best
Tim
Post a Comment